Florida may be the state where the snowbirds fly for winter but that doesn’t mean we don’t get any cold weather. We need reliable heaters just as much as anywhere else to keep us warm when temperatures drop. When something goes wrong with your heater, it is important to reach out for professional heating services in Wesley Chapel, FL.
One of those professional services that our team provides to residents in the area is heating system replacement. It isn’t fun to consider we know. However, it is important to be prepared if and when the day comes that you need to retire your old heater and get a new one. IERNA’s Heating & Cooling can help with that.
5 Signs It Is Time For a New Heater
Not sure if your heater is going to make it through the winter? While repairs can solve a multitude of issues, a replacement can sometimes be the only solution if your system is too far gone. Here are the indicators you should know that will tell you when it is time to schedule a replacement rather than a repair.
- You need repairs way too often. It is highly unlikely that you’ll have a heater that never requires a repair or two throughout the course of its lifespan. The need for repairs should not be a yearly occurrence though. If your heater needs to be repaired almost as often as it gets a tune-up, this means it likely need to be replaced in the near future.
- That repair bill has gotten too high. The price tag for your system repairs will give you an idea of whether or not you need a replacement too. A newer heater isn’t going to cost much to fix up. One that has some mileage on it though will have a bigger bill. A good rule of thumb to remember is that if the price of the repair is equal to half or more of the cost of a new unit then your money is better spent on the new heating system.
- Energy bills won’t go down. Let’s say you noticed your energy bills were increasing so you schedule maintenance services and then a repair service after that. If these solutions still haven’t brought down the energy bills, and you know your use hasn’t increased, the likely culprit is a heater that needs to be retired.
- The heater is between 12 to 15 years old. Age is a number that is important to know when it comes to your heater. Modern systems can last a minimum of 10 years. IF they are well taken care of, they can make it up to 15 years of use. If your heater is between 10 and 15 years old though it is a good idea to start planning for a replacement.
- Your system doesn’t produce warmth anymore. Is your heater able to heat your home? If not, then you are better off scheduling a replacement for this system. There is no point in paying for a heater that can’t do the one job you need it for.
When you need a heating system replacement, contact IERNA’s Heating & Cooling to get the job done.