Ierna’s Heating, Cooling, & Plumbing is a trusted expert in repairing and installing tankless water heaters in Tampa, Florida and nearby areas.
Our skilled team can effectively diagnose and solve any issues with your tankless water heater, guaranteeing a consistent supply of hot water.
We specialize in repairing and installing tankless water heaters as a more energy-efficient and cost-effective alternative to traditional water heaters. Everyone deserves the convenience of having hot water at their disposal, which is why we offer this affordable luxury. If you live near Tampa, FL, you can call or book an appointment online today to experience our services.
What is a Tankless Water Heater?
Tankless water heaters are different from tank water heaters in that they only generate hot water when needed rather than storing it in a tank. There is no contest when comparing tankless water heaters to traditional tank models: with a tankless option, you will never run out of hot water.
Choosing a tankless water heater is not only a convenient option but also a smart one. It can save you money on your energy bills, conserve energy, and provide a continuous supply of hot water. If you’re tired of dealing with inconsistent hot water or high energy costs, upgrading to a tankless water heater might be an excellent option for you.
How Does a Tankless Water Heater Work?
A tankless water heater generates hot water on demand as water flows through it. Here’s how it works:
- Cold water travels through a pipe and into your tankless water heater.
- Electric coils or a gas burner heat the water inside the heating unit.
- The hot water then flows out of the unit.
- When you turn your tap off, the tankless water heater turns off, stopping the flow of hot water to save energy.
In contrast, a traditional water heater is not as efficient because it continually heats and reheats the water in its tank. A tankless water heater produces hot water only when you need it, making it more energy-efficient and cost-effective.
Types of Tankless Water Heaters
There are two main types of tankless water heaters you can install:
Electric Tankless Water Heaters
Electric tankless water heaters use electric heating elements like coils to heat the water in the unit. It is more compact and a no-brainer for smaller homes or apartments. Plus, it doesn’t produce emissions, reducing your environmental impact.
Gas-Powered Tankless Water Heaters
Gas-powered tankless water heaters utilize gas burners to produce hot water. Larger and more powerful than electric, gas-powered tankless water heaters are ideal for larger households that need more hot water. This option is the most cost-effective solution if you have a gas line in your home.
Benefits of Tankless Water Heaters
Here are some of the top benefits of tankless water heaters:
- Provides continuous hot water on-demand.
- Heats water as it’s needed, using less energy overall and reducing the cost of your energy bills.
- Takes up less space and can be wall mounted, freeing up floor space.
- Doesn’t corrode over time. With proper maintenance, a tankless water heater lasts up to 20 years.
- Doesn’t store water, so you don’t have to worry about sediment buildup, which causes poor water quality. Provides cleaner, fresher-tasting water straight from your tap.
- Reduces the risk of water damage because it has fewer parts that can leak, saving you money on costly repairs.
Tankless Water Heater Repair Services
Although tankless water heaters are an intuitive and much-improved alternative to traditional water heaters, they can still experience problems. However, there’s no need to worry if you encounter any issues with your tankless water heater. Ierna’s Plumbing can help fix these common problems:
- No Hot Water
- Poor Water Flow:
- Ignition Failure
- Error Codes
If you are facing any of these problems, you can call us or schedule an appointment online for a free diagnosis and repair quote.
Signs Your Tankless Water Heater May Need Repair
Here are some common signs that your tankless water heater needs repair:
- Reduced Hot Water Output
- Strange Noises
- Error Codes
- Age is Older Than 10
If you observe any of these indications, don’t hesitate to call us or schedule an appointment online today. Ignoring these warning signs can result in more severe problems, such as total unit failure or water damage to your home.
Tankless Water Heater Installation and Replacement
Here are some typical indications that it may be time to replace your tankless water heater:
- Your unit is over ten years old and frequently requires repairs.
- You find yourself calling for repairs more often than not.
- You notice a rise in your energy bills or a decrease in hot water output.
- Leaks are present, which is never a good sign.
- Your household has grown, or your current tankless water heater cannot keep up with demand.
- You notice safety concerns such as gas leaks or carbon monoxide emissions. In this case, the unit must be replaced immediately.
How Much Does a Tankless Water Heater Cost?
The cost of a tankless water heater can vary depending on brand, size, and installation costs. On average, a tankless water heater costs between $1,000 to $3,000. Additional installation costs might range from $500 to $1,500. While the initial cost is often higher than a traditional water heater, tankless water heaters offer several long-term cost benefits:
- Lower utility bills
- Longer lifespan
- Fewer repair issues
- Wastes less water
- Becomes a selling feature that can up property value
Due to the considerable cost savings, you can typically recover the initial cost of investment through long-term cost benefits.
Why Choose Ierna’s for Tankless Water Heater Services and Installation?
We offer comprehensive repair and installation services as a full-service cooling, heating, and plumbing company. Our team can provide customized solutions to suit your needs and budget for all types of tankless water heaters. We are also available 24/7 for emergency repairs or installations.
At Ierna’s, we prioritize exceptional customer service and strive to ensure your satisfaction at every step of the way. Our goal is to provide honest, dependable, and cost-effective services to our valued customers in Tampa, Florida.
Don’t wait until your tankless water heater malfunctions. Contact Ierna’s today to schedule an appointment.