Energy efficiency is a priority for most households, and if you’ve been looking for a way to make your home more energy efficient this winter, there is a great option worth considering: a zone control system. A zone control system works within your ductwork, controlling the flow of air to each designated zone. When installed by a professionals, a zone control system in Tampa can offer you a number of benefits, as we’ll explain below. For any upgrade to your heating system, make sure to call the professionals you can count on: Ierna’s Heating & Cooling.
What Types of Homes Benefit from Zone Control?
Our technician are asked this question a lot, and in general, just about any home can benefit from the installation of a zone control system. However, certain types of homes may find a zone control system especially beneficial:
- Multi-storied homes
- Homes with multiple wings/hallways
- Homes with vaulted ceilings
- Homes with floor-to-ceiling windows
- Homes with open loft spaces
How Does a Zone Control System Work?
A zone control system consists of a series of motorized dampers that are installed into your supply ducts. The zones are designated by you before installation, and once the dampers are installed, they are wired into a main control panel. The thermostats for each zone are connected to the main control panel, and based on the set temperature, the control panel then instructs the dampers when to open and close in order to maintain the temperatures in the zones.
What Are the Benefits of a Zone Control System?
There are several benefits of a zone control system that make them worth consideration:
- Better energy efficiency – a zone control system allows you to heat only what you need. You can reduce or even turn off heating to areas of your home that are unoccupied or unused, and you can control the heating the in the areas in which you spend the most time. This helps with overall better energy efficiency.
- Better comfort – a zone control system gives you total control over how much heat you use. You can fully customize your comfort throughout your home.
- Less wear on your system – when you reduce the amount of heating you need with use of a zone control system, your system operates less; this helps put less wear on your system.
A zone control system can be a great energy-saving option for just about any home.
If you are interested in knowing what a zone control system in Tampa can do for you, call Ierna’s Heating & Cooling today and schedule an appointment with one of our specialists.