Summer is already hot enough as it is in this part of the country. Add in some extra humidity and things are going to be even more uncomfortable than before. See, high humidity makes it harder to cool off because the airborne moisture is a medium that holds onto heat. When you are stuck outside in hot, humid weather it will make it hard to get comfortable. Unfortunately, coming into an air-conditioned house isn’t always going to solve the problem.
We have a solution that can help though. A whole-house dehumidifier is going to be an effective and helpful solution to help keep your home cooler and tackle that airborne moisture. We want to tell you more about this solution for your indoor air quality and how we can help you add one to your home.
Portable Versus Whole-House Dehumidifiers
Before you start researching portable dehumidifiers that you can purchase and plug-in, let’s take a moment to explore the perks of a whole-house dehumidifier. Unlike a portable system, a whole-home version is going to dehumidify your entire home. Here are some facts to know about these systems:
- They are installed into your ducts: Whole-house dehumidifiers are installed to be a part of your ductwork, allowing them to dehumidify the cool air your AC produces before it enters your home. This is unlike portable systems that can only help one room in the home and have to wait for the humid air to reach them.
- They work in tandem with your AC: If your air conditioner is on and producing cool air, then your dehumidifier is going to working right along with it.
- They don’t take up any extra space: Because the whole-home dehumidifier is installed into your ducts it won’t take up any extra space in the house.
What Dehumidifiers Can Prevent
When you add a dehumidifier to your home it is going to benefit you in a few different ways such as:
- Reducing the strain on your AC: Less humidity in the house is going to mean an easier job for your air conditioner because it doesn’t have to battle with moisture that is holding onto excess heat.
- Improving your comfort: Without the extra humidity in your home, your home comfort is going to be a lot better than it was before.
- Reducing the risk of mold growth: Less moisture in the home is going to reduce the risk of mold growth occurring over time.
interested in boosting your comfort and your indoor air quality? We can help! Our technicians can install a whole-home dehumidifier in your home so help tackle any extra humidity that is mucking up your indoor environment. Our team members have a “Whatever it Takes” attitude that allows us to exceed customer expectations and provide high-quality service. Only a professional like ours is going to be able to offer proper installation and other system services that will help you rather than cause additional problems for your home comfort.
Contact IERNA’s Heating & Cooling today to get started.