Is there something wrong with your water heater? Maybe you’ve noticed that you can’t get reliable amounts of hot water as the day wears on or you are dealing with completely cold showers at the end of the day. If you have noticed something seems off about your water heater it means you need a professional to come help with your plumbing in New Port Richey, FL.
A water heater that is in need of repairs needs to be fixed as soon as possible. A repair can all too quickly escalate into an early breakdown unless it can be addressed by a professional plumber like the ones on our team. Here are the warning signs to watch for so you know when to contact us.
5 Signs That Your Water Heater Needs Repairs
Does your water heater have a repair need? If you aren’t sure, keep yourself on the alert for any of these warning signs and contact us as soon as you realize you need professional service.
- The water heater is creating strange noises: The next time you run the shower or the laundry machine, give a listen to your water heater. Have you noticed that there is a rumbling sound or a kettling sound? These are caused by problems with a sedimentary build-up in your water heater that can lead to major problems with your system if it isn’t addressed.
- The system is leaking: When you go to check on your water heater, are you noticing the presence of water in the area? If there is a leak in one of the connections to your water heater, you want to have this fixed as soon as possible.
- There is no reliable hot water: When you turn on a hot water tap in your home, do you notice that you receive lukewarm water, or the temperature of the water fluctuates and eventually gets cold? This isn’t normal. When there is no reliable hot water in your home, it means something is wrong with your water heater.
- Your water is rusty in color: Water that comes out of your showerhead or faucet and is orange or red in color is a warning that you have rust somewhere in your system. If the rust is in one of the plumbing lines you should schedule repairs ASAP. If the rust is within your water heater’s tank however, you will need to prepare for a system replacement.
- Hot water only lasts for a few minutes: In some cases, you may notice that you get nicely warm water when you turn on that hot water tap but this only lasts for a few minutes before turning cold. This is also another sign that your water heater is struggling with a repair need.
Do any of these warning signs sound familiar? If so, it is likely that you need water heater repairs. The key here is that this service must be performed by a professional like the ones at IERNA’s Heating & Cooling. We will make sure that you enjoy hot water when you need it.