Have you ever wondered what is hiding within your walls? Well, your ducts may not exactly be hiding per se, but they certainly are out of sight! And while this is good for the overall design scheme of your home, it may prove problematic if your ducts going unattended for too long.
What do we mean? Well, if you didn’t know already, your ducts can get pretty dirty. And just like how thinking about the dust buildup behind your couch can make you cringe, realizing how much dust can collect within your ductwork can also make you grimace.
Dirty ductwork is normal. The key is to remember to address it when needed. Because dust may not be the only thing in there after a few years–but whatever is in your ducts, it can mess with your comfort!
What Can Get Into Your Ducts
It is more than just dust that can make its way into your ductwork. There are plenty of airborne contaminants that can settle in your ductwork where they can cause problems for both your comfort and your indoor air quality. These include:
- Small feathers
- Small bugs
- Small animals
- Mold spores
The Impact Dirty Ductwork Has
As you can see there are plenty of contaminants that can get into your ductwork that you likely don’t want in there. It can take a few years for the build-up to become problematic but when it does you are likely to notice because of the impact it has. Here are some of the bigger issues that dirty ductwork can cause:
- Weaker airflow: Even a relatively small amount of buildup within your ductwork can impact the airflow from your air conditioner or heater into your house.
- Poor indoor air quality: This matters because air that is dirtier is harder to process through an HVAC system and also harder to heat or cool.
- Increased allergy problems: you may find yourself sneezing, coughing, or sniffling more often along with battling nose and eye irritation more frequently.
- HVAC system issues: Dirty air is likely to muck up the internal workings of your HV AC system far faster than clean air would, which can lead to an increased need for repairs.
- Higher risk of mold growth: Dirty ductwork can be an ideal breeding ground for mold.
We Can Clear Away Ductwork Debris
Let’s say you’re noticing some of the problems listed above and you have a strong hunch that your ductwork has some hefty build-up to deal with. What can you do about it? The best thing to do is call in the pros from our team to provide duct cleaning in Riverview, FL.
When you schedule a duct cleaning service with a trained professional you can rest assured that your system is in good hands. A professional will carefully remove any build-up in your ducts without harming this delicate but vital system. This way you can enjoy optimal comfort again.
Contact IERNA’s Heating & Cooling to schedule your appointment today. We provide same-day service.