You may use your air conditioner a lot more than your heater, but this doesn’t mean that your heating system is any less important to your home. On those days and nights when temperatures really drop, you rely on your heater to keep your home warm and comfortable. Whether it is a furnace or a heat pump, your home comfort is better off with this system around.
It wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to say that you love your heater, especially when it is working hard to keep your home warm. Did you know that there is a way to show your appreciation for your system? It’s true! The best way to say, “I love you,” to your water heater is by making sure that it is taken care of. Here is how to do that.
Tips to Help You Take of Your Heating System
Here are some great ways to help care for your heating system.
- Change the heater’s filter regularly: The filter for your heating system is meant to keep dirt and debris out of its internal components. This is important since a little bit of debris can seriously hinder the heating process. Change this filter every one to three months to ensure your heater gets the clean, strong airflow that it needs.
- Make sure to keep the vents clear: Having a piece of decor in front of a vent may not seem like a big deal but it can seriously mess with your comfort. Keep your vents clear of furniture, plants, decor, and other debris to ensure that the hot air your system creates
- Close doors and windows when the heater is running: Fresh air is great to enjoy but we’d urge you to keep your doors and windows closed when running your heater. This will ensure its effectiveness and efficiency in the long run, along with your own comfort.
- Keep your thermostat setting reasonable: When it gets really chilly out, it can be tempting to drive up the thermostat setting. Try to resist this urge! Keeping your thermostat at a reasonable setting (about 68°) is the best way to keep your home warm without a high cost.
- Schedule repairs in a timely manner: Even with the best practices in place and regular maintenance, you will need a heater repair in Tampa, FL at some point. Don’t delay on getting this service taken care of. The sooner your schedule repairs for a faulty heater, the better it will be for your system, your comfort, and your wallet.
When it comes to providing services for your heating system, you want to make sure that you only trust a technician with the appropriate training to do that. Our team has the tools, experience, and knowledge needed to keep your heater in prime condition. Each of our technicians are NATE and EPA-certified. That is why we have been providing service to residents in and around Tampa for so many years.
Schedule your next service appointment with the team at IERNA’s Heating & Cooling.