We all know how helpful and effective heat pump systems are, especially around here. These systems are ideal for our climate because they provide great cooling power for your home during the many months when we deal with high heat and offers heating comfort during those time when the temperatures drop.
You should be able to rely on your heat pump to keep your home environment comfortable no matter what our climate throws at you. This won’t be the case though if something is wrong with your system. Thankfully, our services for heat pump repair in Tampa, FL will address whatever issue is at hand so you can enjoy a comfy home again in no time.
What Are the Signs Something Is Wrong With My Heat Pump?
While the rest of the country has been preparing for the drop in temperature that the fall season brings, those of us in Tampa are enjoying the warmth and sunshine like usual. That doesn’t mean we want our homes to be as hot and humid inside as it is outside though. If your heat pump mini split system has an issue that needs to be repaired, it won’t be able to perform the way that it should. Here are some warning signs to watch out for that indicate when you need to reach out to one of our technicians for repairs:
- Your heat pump is making concerning sounds: When you run your heat pump, it isn’t going to run without making any noises at all. That doesn’t mean that every sound from your system is normal though. If you pick up on strange sounds like screeching, rattling, hissing, or clanging, you should reach out for repairs.
- The system is producing poor airflow: Maybe you are running your heat pump but one or more of the air handlers are barely producing any air at all. Poor airflow is a sign of trouble possibly with your blower fan or your air filter. Whatever the cause, make sure to get a technician to fix it.
- There is hot air being blown out: Heat pumps offer the ability to both heat and cool your home. However, if your heat pump is in cooling mode, it obviously isn’t supposed to blow out hot air. If it is, there may be an issue with the system that is hindering its ability to transfer heat.
- Your unit is short cycling: Short cycling refers to when your HVAC system only runs for a few minutes before shutting down. This doesn’t mean that your heat pump is cooling your home faster than usual–it is actually a sign that something is really wrong with your system.
- Energy bills are through the roof: Your energy bills are an indicator of your use of your heat pump. However, if your heat pump is creating energy bills that are way too expensive to justify, this is an indicator that something is wrong with your system.
You can trust the team at IERNA’s Heating & Cooling to keep you comfortable. Contact us to schedule your repairs.