This is that fun time of year when we aren’t going to need our air conditioners… as much. Let’s be honest since this is Florida and you never know when a heatwave will hit. With this said, those days or weeks that are a bit more tepid are the best times to ask the harder questions like, “Is my air conditioning in Land O’ Lakes, FL going to make it another year?”
If you spent the last several months battling to keep cool, then it is likely time to get a new AC unit. We advise doing this now since you won’t have to sacrifice your comfort to get the job done. But first, let’s look at how to determine if it is time for a new AC and, if so, how to select your next system.
The Warning Signs That You Need a New Air Conditioner
First things first, let’s figure out if you do need to replace your AC unit. Remember, if you’re ever unsure, you can always talk to one of our technicians to confirm!
- The system is between 10-15 years old.
- Your AC needs repairs on a yearly basis.
- The system is causing large price hikes that aren’t addressed with repairs.
- Your AC short cycles more often than cycling normally.
- Your AC repair bills are too high to pay for.
Choosing Your Next AC System
Need a new air conditioner? We can help with that. Our experts can replace your old system and get your new one up and running in no time. Just use the following list to help you select the type of system that will best meet your needs:
- Do you have ductwork? If you do, then you may want a central AC or heat pump. Homes without ducts will need to look at ductless AC systems
- Do you want custom options? Ductless air handlers can be run individually. If you want an even temperature throughout the home at all times though, a heat pump or central AC may be best.
- Doors, windows, and square footage? This has to do with the sizing of your next AC. A home with a lot of square footage to cool and lots of windows may need a more powerful AC than a one-bedroom home.
- Space considerations? Was your previous system a tight fit where it was? If so, you might want to consider a system that takes up less room this time!
When it comes to choosing a new air conditioner, there is a lot to think about. The decision shouldn’t be taken lightly either as the wrong system will leave you uncomfortable and paying high energy bills. That is why it is best to approach this task with the help of a professional like ours. We can assess your home’s cooling needs and pair you with a system that meets those needs best. What’s more, we can help you find a system that does so efficiently as well!
Contact IERNA’s Heating & Cooling to schedule your next AC service. We are here for you 7 days a week!