When it begins to heat up in Tampa, many of our customers are looking for ways they can improve air conditioning performance. Performance measures not only the effectiveness of your AC, but also its efficiency. As one of your primary energy costs during the spring and summer, your AC should perform up to your expectations. In this post, the air conditioning performance experts in Tampa would like to run you through some ways to improve your cooling this summer. For more information, call Ierna’s Heating & Cooling today!
- Enroll in a preventive maintenance plan. This is by far the best way to improve your air conditioning performance. Home AC units are complicated systems and require professional care to run properly. An annual or biannual tune-up, including inspection and cleaning, will go a long way towards ensuring that your AC runs well even during the hottest days of the year.
- Clean your air filter. Cleaning or replacing your air filter is one of the easiest improvements you can make. While air filtration prevents the passage of pollutants into your indoor air, they can actually begin to obstruct airflow, and cause problems in other areas of the system, when left dirty or clogged.
- Install a programmable thermostat. Your thermostat communicates with your AC unit by adjusting the system to meet your desired temperature. A programmable thermostat gives you some flexibility and versatility when it comes to customizing the home temperature. It can also improve the energy efficiency of you home system, but promoting gradual shifts in temperature.
- Service your ductwork. Cleaning and sealing your ductwork are important steps to ensuring that you’re not losing cool air between the unit and the indoor living space. Dust and debris buildup may not only be hazardous to homeowners with respiratory problems, it can also impact the passage of cool air, causing your system to work harder.
- Upgrade your system. If your AC is old or requires frequent repair, your best options may be to upgrade to a more energy-efficient system.
We hope these helped. To schedule air conditioning maintenance in Tampa, call Ierna’s Heating & Cooling today!