Keeping your home cool and comfortable during a Florida summer can be a pretty tough job. There are days when it feels like the heat and humidity around here just won’t let up. This means, of course, that you will need to rely heavily on your air conditioner to stay comfortable while you are at home. This may not be possible though if you need an air conditioning repair in Carrollwood, FL.
So if you are dealing with an air conditioner that needs some help, what should you do? First things first, make sure to reach out for professional repairs ASAP. Aside from that, look at adopting some of the following tips moving forward to get more from your AC without accruing extra costs.
6 Ways to Help Your AC Unit
Here are some easy ways that you can help make things a little easier on your AC this summer.
- Keep the doors and windows closed. We know that fresh air can feel lovely sometimes, but on a sweltering hot day, you need to keep the hot air out of your home. Make sure to keep those doors and windows closed on hot days to keep the cool air inside and make things easier on your AC.
- Check for air leaks. When you check on those doors and windows, make sure to check for air leaks around the seals of your doors and windows. If you notice any air leaks, address them with weatherstripping or caulk to keep your cool air indoors!
- Keep your thermostat setting reasonable. We know it might be tempting to drive down the number on your thermostat but keeping the temperature setting reasonable is far more beneficial. Keep the thermostat about 75 to 78° to get comfort without a high cost.
- Keep the blinds and curtains drawn. Keeping your home on the darker side is going to be extremely helpful to your air conditioner. This is because it prevents your home from getting nearly as hot as it would otherwise.
- Use the fans in your home. Have ceiling or even stand-alone fans in your home? Use these to your advantage. Running your fans helps you feel cooler, which lessens your demands on the air conditioner. It also helps to distribute the cool air your system produces.
- Schedule maintenance and repairs in a timely manner. Last but certainly not least, do not forget to schedule timely maintenance and repairs for your air conditioner. A timely service can make a huge difference for your AC’s efficiency and effectiveness this summer and beyond.
When you need a team to help keep your air conditioner in working condition, come to us. We have proudly served homes in this area for multiple years and look forward to continuing to do so for many more to come. Our team makes it a priority to provide high-quality products and service to all of our customers.
Contact the team at IERNA’s Heating & Cooling to get the service you need for your air conditioner. We will help you keep cool.